Saturday, November 8, 2014

Writing Prompt Day 1: Light a Candle

  Where to begin ? What do I think when I light a candle ? For real before I even knew I was going to write on this prompt , I lit a candle today, imagine that. Lighting a candle makes me think of many things ;
   like there is so many different sizes, shapes, scents and colors
Many different occasions birthdays, anniversaries, festvals, romantic moments or just to have a memorable time with a friend
I like big candles , they last awhile .
Favorite colors tend to be purples and blues . The scents I seem to like the most lavendars , ocean breezes and flower scents.
Gee is that it is that all there is to write about light a candle ?
Lighting a candle brings me to remember a dear friends son who passed we lit candles and watched them float away in the night sky as we remembered him.
Makes me think of the memories of setting the mood of relaxing in the candle lit room with a friend and a class if wine to remember times in our friendship , funny moments of time. Time stood still in those moments and still the nights had to end to begin a new day to remember for next time.
The candles I have lit for my childrens birthdays sometimes trick candles that took several tries to blow out which was a delight , and now they are all grown and have children of their own which now I get to watch them do for my grandchildren , what delights in life.
Winding down after a rough day just to reflect in the day if there is anything better you could have done or apologies is always a nice time I like to light candles in my room and just be still in my thoughts .
And then there is the times when the power goes out ugh then I light candles to see.
Ok I think this is it for day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment